Transfer tape is the most overlooked piece of vinyl equipment. It’s time to start paying attention.
Transfer tape can make or break your project, so choosing the best transfer tape for vinyl projects is important. It can be tough to know which one is best for you.
To help you out, we’ve created this blog post with all of the information you need. We’ll talk about what makes a good tape and how to find the best product for your needs. Stay tuned – in just a few minutes, you will have everything you need to make an informed decision on this often confusing topic.
What is Transfer Paper Tape for Vinyl?
Vinyl is a material that can be cut and arranged into any number of designs. It is often used for signs, logos, and other decorations.
To stick the vinyl to a surface, you need to use the best vinyl transfer tape. This transfer tape for vinyl helps to keep the textured vinyl in place while you apply it to the desired location. Without it, your textured vinyl might peel off or become distorted.
Our Top 7 Picks on Best Transfer Tapes of 2022
- Best Overall: TapeManBlue Vinyl Transfer Tape
- Best Budget: Cricut 2002363 Vinyl Transfer Tape
- Most Reliable: Angel Crafts 12″ by 8′ Clear Transfer Paper Tape Roll
- Strongest Grip: YRYM HT Vinyl Transfer Paper Tape
- Most Durable: JANDJPACKAGING Transfer Tape
- Highest Quality Color: Craftopia Transfer Paper Tape Roll
- Easiest To Cut: Jh-Best Crafts12″ X 10′ Feet Roll Transfer Paper
Top 7 Best Transfer Tapes For Vinyl
1. Best Overall: TapeManBlue Vinyl Transfer Tape
This TapeManBlue clear tape is a 2-inch by the 180-feet long roll. It has a strong adhesive that can stick to any medium to high tack, whether fabric, glass, ceramic, or plastic.
It has a non-toxic material that is safe to use. The adhesive vinyl is premium craftable quality, and it can hold up to rough surfaces. With the blue grid lines, you will cut your design outlines with ease using the cutting machines.
This clear tape is easy to handle with its adhesive backing, allowing re-positioning without leaving residue marks on the smooth surface. Also, it is very easy to get off with no residue marks. Check Amazon Price Here.
- It comes with a 180 feet roll for your large projects.
- The adhesive vinyl is easy to use with the red grid alignment lines.
- You can re-position your design easily without leaving residue marks.
- It has high quality with clean removal.
2. Best Budget: Cricut 2002363 Vinyl Transfer Tape
The Cricut 2002363 is very sticky and light, ensuring a successful outcome of your transfers.
This clear vinyl transfer paper is the best one to use if you want to transfer your textured vinyl cuts to different kinds of surfaces of a cinch. You can see clearly when you place the appropriately spaced and organized textured vinyl cuts due to the transparent nature of the material.
The Cricut vinyl Transfer Tape’s lightly printed grid is there to help you during your project’s alignment. It will also make sure that alignment is accurate.
With this Cricut transfer tape, you can quickly design your belongings and home to suit your taste and style. This specific brand of transfer paper will satisfy your expectation of it. You can even use the best Cricut transfer tape repeatedly due to its super stickiness.
The Cricut joy transfer tape is affordable and the perfect one for beginners to use. This is because the design is simple and can be handled easily by anybody, even beginners.
You can also use this best vinyl transfer tape to run successful permanent vinyl decals own your car without any residual stickiness on it. Check Amazon Price Here.
- Cricut transfer tape weighs 4 ounces with the dimensions of 1.7 x 12 x 1.7 inches respectively.
- The design will enable you to use a credit card or a scraper to mount pressure on the image.
- It has the perfect cut that is the trademark of all Cricut vinyl cutting machines.
- You will get a 12 inch by 48 inches to roll off the Cricut transfer tape.
- The transfer paper material is clear to ensure clear visage during operation.
3. Most Reliable: Angel Crafts 12″ by 8′ Clear Transfer Paper Tape Roll
Angel Crafts vinyl transfer paper tape is a great choice for textured vinyl applications. This tape has grid lines to help your alignment, and it’s self-adhesive, so it won’t tear your projects.
The vinyl tape is also clear so you can see what you’re doing, and it has a rubber-based glue stronggrip tape that won’t leave residue.
The Angel Crafts tape is medium tack to handle repeated use. This means that you won’t have to spend money replacing transfer tapes every time you use them. The clear tape is also 12 inches by 48 inches, so it’s perfect for various projects.
Angel Crafts is a great option if you’re looking for the best transfer tape for vinyl that won’t let you down. Check Amazon Price Here.
- The package contains one roll of best transfer tape for vinyl.
- The dimensions are 12 x 0.64 inches, and the weight is 11 ounces, respectively.
- The best transfer tape for vinyl measures 12 inches by 48 inches.
- You can use this product multiple times, and it won’t damage your materials or leave behind a residue.
- The Angel provo Craft transfer tape has red grid lines to help with alignment, and it’s clear so you can see what you’re doing.
4. Strongest Grip: YRYM HT Vinyl Transfer Paper Tape
This clear vinyl transfer paper tape is perfect for transferring designs onto various surfaces. The gridlines on the tape make it easy to measure and cut your design, and the non-sticky removable adhesive vinyl makes it easy to transfer your project.
This clear vinyl transfer paper is suitable for various surfaces, including outdoor oracal vinyl, glass, wood, mirrors, and ceramic.
It’s the perfect size to fit most craft die cutters, and it’s also easy to use. Simply place your design on the paper transfer tape, peel off the backing paper, and transfer your design to your metal surfaces.
It can even be used for transferring vinyl into tight spaces or on curved surfaces. The transfer paper is ideal for use with Indoor/Outdoor Adhesive Vinyl. Check Amazon Price Here.
- The best transfer tape is 12 inches by 48 inches in size.
- It has a clear design to ensure that you can see what you’re doing when using it.
- The material is non-toxic and has a high tack to medium tack, so the right transfer tape lasts for multiple uses.
- This medium tack transfer tape can be used on a smooth surface like glass, wood, and mirrors, as well as vinyl decals.
- It’s great for transferring vinyl decal into tight spaces on curved surfaces.
- The rubber-based patented adhesive vinyl will not leave behind a residue on your material after use.
5. Most Durable: JANDJPACKAGING Transfer Tape
J&J Packaging transfer tape is the perfect solution for all your vinyl application needs. The high to medium tack adhesive vinyl will last multiple uses, and it’s easy to apply. Place your vinyl design on the best transfer tape, peel off the backing paper, and place it where you want it using a credit card or scraper.
It has a clear design to easily see what you’re doing, and it has gridlines for alignment purposes.
The dimensions are 1.7 x 12 x 0.2 inches, and the net weight is 4 ounces. The material of this right sized tape is also non-toxic, so it’s safe to use.
The J&J Packaging transfer tape comes in a roll of size 12 x 48 inches, and it can be used on many surfaces such as glass, wood, plastic, and even fabric. Check Amazon Price Here.
- The J&J Packaging transfer tape is 12 inches by 48 inches, and the weight is 1.7 ounces, respectively.
- This right transfer tape’s material is non-toxic, so it’s safe to use.
- The package includes one roll of the siser transfer tape with dimensions of 12 x 0.2 inches and a weight of 4 ounces.
- It has a clear design with gridlines to help you measure and cut your design accordingly.
- The high tack to medium tack adhesive vinyl will last multiple uses, and it’s easy to apply.
6. Highest Quality Color: Craftopia Transfer Paper Tape Roll
This clear transfer tape is made of tough polyethylene film that will not break or tear when you use it. It’s extremely easy to use and has a medium tack outdoor adhesive vinyl that will stick to most surfaces for an extended period.
The tape for vinyl is clear, so it’s easy to see what you’re working with, and it has gridlines to help guide your cuts.
The dimension of this product is 12 x 0.2 inches, and the weight is 4 ounces. The material of this tape for vinyl is non-toxic and safe to use, and the package includes one roll of vinyl transfer paper tape with a size 12 x 48 inches.
It works on many surfaces like glass, wood, and plastic, among other materials. Check Amazon Price Here.
- It comes with a 25-foot long roll with a free 6 feet to improve your project completion time and help you save money.
- It is the best choice for your sign and craft transfers.
- The design makes it easy to use with a quick result.
- Precise positioning and natural alignment due to the transparent square back grid patterns.
- This transfer paper tape works well for indoors and outdoors vinyl adhesive projects.
7. Easiest To Cut: Jh-Best Crafts12″ X 10′ Feet Roll Transfer Paper
The material for this brand of transfer paper is superior, and it is manufactured in the USA to ensure the best transfer output. Best provo craft transfer paper tape is the best for massive production.
This is all thanks to its versatility. Any indoor or outdoor project that needs a transfer, the Best provo crafts transfer paper tape can do it.
Also, this particular product can work well with Pazzles, Cameo, Cricut vinyl ease, Provo Craft, Silhouette, and Oracle transfer tape, respectively. The length is 10 feet long, four feet longer than all the regular brands.
You can quickly secure this vinyl work transfer paper tape for a reasonable amount and still have the assurance of excellent performance.
Any smooth surface transfer like glass, sign stickers, ceramics, windows, or walls, this transfer paper tape can do it successfully. There is even a 100% money-back guarantee for this product to assure you of its high-quality performance. Check Amazon Price Here.
- It is a lightweight of 3.2 ounces with the dimensions of 12 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches.
- The length is 4 feet longer than the regular high tack transfer tape tapes available.
- The design is versatile to use on any project indoors or outdoors.
- It comes with Red alignment grid squared backing to provide the best alignment and easy usage.
- There is also a 100% money-back guarantee for your assurance.
Things To Consider Before Buying Transfer Paper
You can’t just enter your local store and pick a transfer paper for vinyl without knowing the important things to check. They all bear the same name, but they don’t work the same. Yes! There are good brands, average brands, and the best brands of transfer paper for vinyl. So, how will you differentiate them? By considering some relevant factors to your decision-making on any brand.
To get started with your quest for the best paper transfer tape for t-shirts, consider the following factors:
Choice of Printer
Before you choose any transfer paper, don’t forget to take cognizance of the printer you want to use. Three of the common printers that work in the printing business is:
- Inkjet printer
- Laser printers
- Sublimation printers
The transfer paper you will choose must be compatible with either printer you decide to buy. Although laser and sublimation printers can work for printing your designs, the best is usually the inkjet printer.
These printers are affordable and compatible with many heat transfer papers.
The bottom line is, decide on which printer to get and then choose an easily transfer paper that will match it to avoid disappointment.
Still, on what to look out for in a transfer paper, you must check the length of the transfer paper. If you get a long paper, you can get a longer transfer paper; it will be better for you because there will be enough space to create awesome designs.
Also, a longer transfer paper will help you to handle larger designs instead of compacting everything on short transfer papers.
So, if you want to achieve larger and bolder designs for wide clothes, get a longer transfer paper. In fact, the longer the paper is, the better and suitable for you.
Simplicity of Transfer
Do you want to handle multiple projects in the shortest time possible? Get the best transfer paper that will not give you issues. The difficulty of using a transfer paper comes when you want to allow accurate positioning and align the vinyl types.
If you have a good brand of transfer paper, this process will be very simple, but if you don’t, you are in for a hard time.
To ensure ease of use, check out the paper with grid patterns and how fast it takes to tear the best transfer paper. These features will help you to work easily and faster even if the paper is tear resistant. In need of vinyl types cutting machines? Read our buying guide.
We all know that the best way to achieve durable designs is by using a heat transfer vinyl. However, if you get the proper transfer paper for heat press, you can also achieve long-lasting designs.
Also, if you can use the best printer, especially the inkjet printer, and then get a oracal transfer tape for vinyl decals that is popular for durability, you can achieve designs that will not crack, peel or fade easily no matter how many times you wash it.
If you want to get a transfer paper for oracal vinyl decal that can offer durability, check out the following things about it:
- Cracking resistance
- Color vibrancy
- Resistance capacity to washing and fading
- Hand feels.
Any brand that has all these qualities is your best shot at durability.
Ah! Don’t forget to consider just the right amount of color of the material you are transferring designs onto. When you know the color of your fabric, you can decide on the transfer paper that will suit the color.
If you have a white or light gray material, get a transfer paper that is for light color materials. If you have a dark fabric, get an opaque transfer paper.
Also, if you want to achieve a good-looking image on your paper just like what your screen is showing you, make sure that the brand of transfer paper you will get is one that features full opacity. Don’t let your artistry go to waste just because you printed it on the wrong transfer paper.
Are you going to use an iron to transfer, or will it be a heat press machine? When you decide, you will know the premium quality of the transfer paper you will get.
If it is an iron transfer, you must be careful not to burn the paper. If you are also using a heat press machine, there is still a lot of pressure to ensure that the designs pass very well to the t-shirt.
Now, if you don’t get a transfer paper that can withstand the pressure from either an iron or heat press cutting machines, what will be the fate of those beautiful designs of yours?
It is good to get a brand of transfer paper that is versatile so that it can work with many vinyl designs to ensure your convenience, freedom, and a wide range of varieties to choose from.
Also, any versatile brand will work for both wet and dry applications. Related reading for choosing the perfect quilting machine.
I am glad that you now know what to consider before settling for any brand of transfer paper. As you go through these eight products, carefully check the one with all the qualities you deserve and pick it up.
To further aid your search for vinyl transfer paper tape, we present eight of the best brands in the market for your perusal.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can You Use Transfer Tape for Ironing On Vinyl
Yes, you can use a clear transfer tape for ironing on wet vinyl. However, you must be careful not to burn the paper. If you are also using a heat press machine, there is still a lot of pressure to ensure that the designs pass very well to the t-shirt.
2. How To Apply Transfer Tape for Vinyl?
To apply bulk transfer tape for vinyl, you must first cut the design from your thick vinyl sheet and remove the clear sheet. Then, put it in a dry area and spray a light water mist on the back. You must then use your heat press machine with medium heat to set for 10 seconds.
3. What Can I Use Instead of Transfer Tape for Vinyl?
You can also use contact paper for vinyl. However, you must avoid using a thin one as it may not be strong enough to remove the design from your permanent vinyl sheet and transfer it to your fabric.
I hope you enjoyed checking these unique brands of transfer papers. They are affordable, durable, versatile, and easy to use, right? The truth is that your work can be faster and easier if you pick any of the eight transfer papers above.
Hey! I am not just saying this to impress you because if you follow our guide on the factors to consider, you can get a suitable brand for your business.
You don’t have to struggle anytime you set to work on your designs because the transfer paper you are using is simply off. With the best transfer tape for vinyl heat press, your heat transfer session will always be a breeze.
I mean, you can handle multiple projects in the shortest time and make good returns.
Achieve the best results today by getting a high-quality transfer paper for your sign business. Who knows! In a short while, you will become one of the figures to respect in the industry.
Was this article helpful to you?
Last update on 2022-03-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. Disclaimer