Do you have a passion for fashion? Are you always looking for new ways to express yourself through clothing? If so, you need to check out the best sewing machines for t-shirts.
There are a lot of different sewing machines that let you sew a t-shirt on the market, and it can be hard to determine which one is right for you. That’s why we created this blog post – to help you find the perfect machine for your needs.
We’ll discuss all of the different features that you should look for and some of the best machines on the market. Read on to find out more.
Sewing Machine For T-shirts: Buying Guide
There are a few things that you should keep in mind when choosing a sewing machine for making a t-shirt:
- The type of fabric that you will be using. Not all embroidery machines are created equal – some are better for sewing heavier knit fabrics, while others are designed for lightweight materials. Make sure to choose a machine compatible with the type of fabric you want to use.
- The size of your sewing projects. Most embroidery machines are bigger and bulkier than others, so you’ll want to choose one that is suitable for your needs. We recommend choosing a small and lightweight embroidery machine if you’re just starting.
- The features that are important to you. Every quality embroidery machine has different features, so it’s essential to find one with all the features you need. Do you need a machine with a lot of stitches? Or one that is easy to operate? Make sure to choose a machine that fits your needs.
- The price. Home machines can vary in price, so you’ll want to find one that has an affordable price. However, just because a machine is expensive doesn’t mean it’s the best option for you. There are a lot of affordable machines on the market that are just as good as their more expensive counterparts.
- The brand. Not all brands are created equal, so you’ll want to do your research before choosing one. Make sure to read reviews from other consumers and find out what they think of the shirt single needle embroidery machine.
- The speed. Some embroidery machines are faster than others, so you’ll want to choose one compatible with your needs. If you’re in a hurry, you’ll want to choose a shirt embroidery machine that has a fast sewing speed.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s look at the best machines on the market.
Our Top 3 Picks on T-shirt Sewing Machines
- Best Overall: CS7000i Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Best Value: SINGER | MX231 Sewing Machine
- Best Beginner-Friendly: HC1850 Sewing and Quilting Machine
Top 6 Best Sewing Machines for T-shirts Reviews
1. Best Overall: CS7000i Sewing and Quilting Machine
The CS7000i sewing and quilting machine is ideal for both beginning sewers and experienced quilters. It features 70 built-in stitches, including utility, heirloom, decorative, and quilting stitches, along with 7 automatic buttonholes.
This machine can handle just about any project you throw at it. The CS7000i also features an automatic needle threader to help make threading the single needle machine a breeze.
These Brother embroidery machines comes with 10 presser feet that are easily stored on board. This multi needle machine is also compatible with maximum hoop size embroidery and accessories so that you can add embroidery features to your projects. The CS700i also has a built-in automatic thread cutter, allowing you to quickly and easily cut your threads.
- 70 Unique Built-in Stiches – The CS7000i comes with various built-in stitches, perfect for both quilting and sewing. You’ll have everything you need to create beautiful projects with this new machine.
- Automatic Neeedle Threader – Threading the needle can be a hassle–not anymore! The CS7000i’s automatic needle threader makes it easy to get started on your project.
- Drop-in Top Bobbin – The top bobbin is easy to access and eliminates the need to fumble with threading bobbins. This machine is designed for ease of use.
- LCD Screen – The bright lcd display lets you easily make and view your stitch selections. It also features a handy guide with illustrations of each stitch.
- 70 unique built-in stitches
- Automatic twin needle threader
- Drop-in top bobbin
- LCD screen for on screen editing
- Difficult to set up
2. Best Value: SINGER | MX231 Sewing Machine
The SINGER | MX-231 is a versatile multi needle embroidery machine that can create almost any project. The variety of stitch options allows you to create projects from home décor to garments and accessories.
You can also use the built-in one-step buttonhole feature for consistent buttonholes in a style to suit your needs. The adjustable presser foot pressure allows adjustments for very heavy or fine fabrics, plus the adjustable stitch length and width give you more design freedom.
The front-load bobbin that is easy to wind and insert, features a clear view cover, making it simple to monitor the bobbin thread supply. These multi needle embroidery machines also come with a foot controller and extra-large sewing tasks table to provide you with more workspace. The SINGER | MX231 is a reliable machine perfect for both beginners and experienced sewers.
- Get Creative with 97 Stitch Applications – The Singer MX231 shirt embroidery machine has the perfect stitch for any fabric or project. With various built-in stitches, you can customize your sewing experience to get the results you want.
- Easy One-Step Buttonhole – Create consistent buttonholes in a style that suits your needs with the Singer MX231 fast embroidery machine. This machine is perfect for any fabric type with adjustable foot presser pressure and stitch length and width.
- Quick and Easy Threading – No more headaches with threading needles. The Singer MX231 embroidery machines for shirts have a built-in needle threader that quickly works this tedious task. Plus, the bobbin is easy to wind and insert.
- Extra-large Sewing Table – The Singer MX231 embroidery machines for shirts includes an extra-large sewing table for more workspace. These shirt embroidery machines also come with a foot controller for hands-free operation.
- Wide satin stitch patterns application
- Simple controls
- Small size
- Most machines come with no manuals
3. Best Beginner Sewing Machine: HC1850 Sewing and Quilting Machine
The Brother HC1850 sewing and quilting machine is an excellent choice for crafting beginners looking to take their skills to the next level. It is easy to use, with 185 built-in stitches to create any project.
This machine includes an LCD screen for on screen editing that makes selecting your stitches easy and viewing your selections. It also comes with additional accessories, including a wide table, 8 feet, instructional DVD, manual and more.
The Brother HC1850 sewing and quilting machine is an excellent choice for those just starting out in the crafting world. Its ease of use and variety of stitches allow you to create any project you can imagine.
- 185 Unique Built-in stitches – The HC1850 includes 130 sewing stitches, including 8 styles of auto-size buttonholes,
- Advanced Needle Threader and Drop-in top Bobbin – Easily select your stitches with the touch of a button and view your selections on the LCD Screen: Easily select your stitches with the touch of a button view your selections.
- Included Accessories: a wide table, 8 feet, instructional DVD, manual – The HC1850 quilting and sewing machine comes with Brother At your side support, offering free technical support via online, live chat, or phone.
- Easy to use
- Adjustable speed
- Brother side support
- Issues with stitch skipping
The Juki TL-2000Qi Sewing and Quilting Machine are updated with LED lights and one pedal operation for easy use.
This machine has a 1500 SPM speed, making it perfect for quilting and sewing apparel and home décor. The automatic needle threading makes it easy to start, and the aluminum die-cast free arm and bed keep vibrations low for smooth operation. An extension table is included for a wider work area.
The Juki TL-2000Qi Sewing and Quilting Machine is a high-quality machine perfect for anyone looking to do some quilting. Its 1500 SPM speed and easy-to-use features are perfect for both beginner and experienced sewers.
- One Pedal Operation – With the one pedal operation, you can start and stop the sewing machine easily.
- Automatic Needle Threader – Automatic needle threader makes threading a breeze. No more frustration when trying to thread your needle. Simply insert the multi needle embroidery into the hole and let the automatic thread cutter do its job.
- Extension Table Included for Wide Work Area – The extension table is included for the wide maximum embroidery area. You can easily sew larger projects without moving your great machine or constantly turning it around.
- Aluminium Die Cast Arm and Bed – These multi needle machines have an aluminum die cast free arm and bed for low vibration operation, making them perfect for quilting and other detailed projects.
- Can handle thick fabric multiple layers
- Low vibration
- Automatic needle threader
The Janome JW8100 Fully-Featured Computerized Sewing Machine is perfect for all of your sewing needs. With various built-in stitches and buttonhole styles, this machine has everything you need to get started on your next sewing projects.
The easy threading system makes it simple to get started, and the interior metal frame ensures that your machine stays in good condition for years to come. The free arm also allows you to sew easily around curves and corners, while the bonus accessories make it easy to get started on even the most complex projects.
The adjustable thread tension ensures a perfect stitch every time. Bonus accessories include an extra-wide extension table, hard-sided dust cover, even feed foot, and quarter-inch foot.
- Computerized Sewing Machine – Stitch with ease. The JW8100 is a fully-computerized sewing machine with an LCD display, automatic needle threader, and easy-to-use stitch selection dial.
- Extra-wide Extension Table – The extra-wide extension table is perfect for managing large projects like quilts. It’s also great for pattern matching.
- Built-in Stitches – With over 100 built-in stitches, you’ll be able to create just about anything. This machine has it all, from decorative stitches like scallops and lace to simple utility stitches like zigzag and straight stitch.
- Memorized Needle Up/Down – The memorized needle up/down feature allows for quick positioning of your needle without having to look at your best embroidery machines. This feature makes it easy to sew buttonholes or other tricky parts of a project.
- Easy threading system
- Adjustable thread tension
- Separate card for stitches
The Brother SE600 computerized sewing and professional embroidery machine is perfect for all your sewing needs. With 80 built in embroidery designs and 6 embroidery lettering fonts, the Brother SE600 has everything you need to get started on your next project.
The automatic needle threader and drop-in top bobbin make it easy to get started, while the 103 built-in sewing stitches give you plenty of options for your project. The large color touchscreen makes it easy to navigate through the menus, and the 4″ X 4″ embroider machine field gives you plenty of room to work.
The Brother SE600 is also compatible with embroidery cards so that you can add even more custom designs to your collection. This embroidery only machine also includes a USB port for easy computer connectivity.
- Embroider Like a Pro – The Brother SE600 computerized button sewing and most embroidery machine are perfect for anyone who wants to start with shirt embroidery machines. With 80 built-in designs and 6 embroidery lettering fonts, you’ll be able to create beautiful pieces in no time.
- Automatic Needle Threader – No more struggling with threading needles. The Brother SE600 has an automatic needle threader that makes the process quick and easy.
- Large Color Touchscreen – The Brother SE600 features a large 3.2″ LCD color touchscreen that makes it easy to navigate through the menus and select your desired stitch or design.
- 4″ X 4″ Embroidery Field – The Brother SE600 has a large embroidery field that gives you plenty of space to work. This best embroidery machine is perfect for embroidering larger designs or multiple designs at once.
- Compatible with Embroidery Cards – With the Brother SE600, you can add even more designs to your collection with the help of embroidery cards. The t shirt embroidery machine includes a USB port for easy computer connectivity.
- Easy threading system
- Adjustable thread tension
- Large color touchscreen
- Compatible with embroidery cards
- A little slow
The best machines for t shirts is a personal choice. Many factors come into play when deciding which model to purchase, including the type of fabric you sew with most often and your skill level as a novice or experienced sewer.
That being said, we’ve narrowed down our top choices based on different criteria so you can make an informed decision about what will work best for your needs. We hope this article helps.
Was this article helpful to you?
Last update on 2022-03-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. Disclaimer