Ever thought of creating a unique fashion statement?
Sure you did.
It is the dream of every t-shirt entrepreneur to create designs that dazzles and leave an unforgettable impression on customers.
But that won’t be possible, if you don’t know the best heat transfer vinyl paper that gives you an edge in the design process.
To ease the job, we just picked the top ten transfer paper based on quality, durability and performance.
You will get the following information in this article:
- Guiding checklist to help choose the best vinyl transfer paper.
- Review of the 10 Best-selling vinyl transfer papers on the market and why.
If you don’t have enough time to read the whole article, here’s our top 4 picks in short!
Top 10 Best Vinyl Transfer Paper List: Reviews One By One
Let’s dive into the list of our top pics..
1. SISER EasyWeed Heat Transfer Vinyl, 12”x15” 12-Color Starter Bundle.
- 12 most popular Siser EasyWeed colors on the market! Get White, Red, Orange, Yellow, Sun Yellow, Fluorescent Pink, Fluorescent Green, Light Pink, Royal Blue, Silver, Gold and Black!
- Ready and Easy-to-cut material designed for custom garment decorations and graphics
Looking to sink your teeth into t-shirt printing business? This 12 color starter bundle is enough to get you off the track. It has everything a complete beginner will need to create the right designs.
The starter pack comes with 12 colors that peaks your creativity. Each those colors have a consistent dimension of 12”x15”, which means you create consistent imprints all the time.
Colors included in the purchase are: lime, silver, black, lemon, forest green, navy brown, greys, lemon, the list is long. No matter how detailed and smaller your designs are, the vinyl heat transfer does a nice job of getting your design on the garments in minutes.
Small letters or finer designs won’t be ripped off because the vinyl sheets are sensitive. The SISER EasyWeed heat transfer is famed for creating exceptional durable designs.
- Thin vinyl transfer sheets
- Durable and won’t fade even after 1000 washes
- Sensitive to pressure making weeding of letters and finer designs a no-brainier
- 12 packed colors for each sheet.
2. Fame Crafts Heat Transfer Vinyl Bundle
- Personalizing apparel such as T-shirts, sweatshirts, hoodies, hats and more has never been easier or this much fun!
- Easy to Weed is a durable polyurethane which is used to design custom t-shirts as it can be washed multiple times without ever compromising its integrity.
Decorating a plain t- shirt is now easier than before. Thanks to the fame crafts heat transfer that includes 20 assorted colors. With its 20 pack assorted colors, you can customize any apparel t-shirts or wears to reflect the personality that you want.
The vinyl is thin and sensitive to pressure and heat to make weeding and cutting easier. The vinyl is light and durable to withstand a 1000 washes and drying.
A complete bundle of fame crafts heat transfer includes 20 sheets with attractive colors. Its color combination and diversity includes: yellow, white, black, orange, deep orange, green, light green, blue, sky blue, ocean blue, purple, red, pure gold. With all these colors, you can create any designs that you want.
- Personalization of apparel such as t-shirts, jerseys, hoodies and huts are easier
- Durable polyurethane materials that doesn’t compromise the integrity of the t-shirts. That means you can wash the t-shirts with confidence
- Lightweight, thin and pressure sensitive sheets that lets you create the design that you want in minutes
- The sheets measures 12”x10” in dimension.
3. 12 Color Iron-On Heat Transfer Vinyl Start Pack
- Rozzy Crafts presents this terrifically colorful 12-sheet starter pack
- Each set comes with 12 sheets of high-quality heat transfer vinyl and includes the following colors: Red, white, blue, yellow, orange, black, purple, etc.
This vinyl comes with a bundle of 12 sheets with better color diversity to help you create better custom design t-shirts. The sheets are made from Polyurethane material that is perfect for detailing designs to the specification you want.
The vinyl heat transfer is thin and easy to cut to into designed shapes. The final garments can easily stretch without sacrificing durability. Normal washes of the garments won’t be affected.
Want to create many apparel designs with details specification, then consider the 12 color iron-on heat transfer vinyl starter pack in your list.
- The vinyl heat transfer is certificied by ASTM D-4236
- Terrifically colorful starter bundle
- 12-high quality vinyl sheets colors
- Each sheet measures 12”x10”
4. Angel crafts 12”x10” Heat Transfer Vinyl Sheets (16 packs)
The 16 pack 12”x10” Angel crafts lets you cut out the shapes of your artwork because of its thinness. Smaller letters and desired shapes will have a consistence imprints on the garments thanks to the 12”x10” dimensions.
The Angel crafts is durable and won’t affect the color of you t-shirt even after repeated washing. The Angel craft is sensitive to heat and pressure that you will save yourself hundreds of dollars investing in an iron-transfer heater
The 16 packs of sheets come with their own bold colors that help you create unique outstanding designs. With a wide range of colors you can bring any designs to life.
- Durable to prevent fades cracks and peeling off
- 12”x10” dimension for consistent imprints in all the garments
- It is an easy compartment with custom, fabrics, poly-cotton brands
- Thin and sensitive to pressure.
5. Best Crafts 12”x10” feet roll transfer w/Grid
- GREAT SAVINGS: Get excellent savings from our transfer tape with an added 4 more bonus feet than the popular brand with 12" x 10 Feet long roll at a great price, it goes a long way to complete your...
- VERSATILE: Our Best Crafts transfer paper tape was designed to work with a wide variety of Adhesive vinyl (both Indoor and Outdoor) It can work with Cameo, Silhouette, Provo Craft, Cricut Vinyl,...
The best crafts 12”x10” can aligns to Cameo or cricit self-adhesive vinyl for decals, signs walls, window or other surface smooth surface.
The best crafts handle most projects thanks to its superior quality materials. This product is made from the USA. The product comes with a 10 foot long roll that is durable.
Thanks to the versatility of this best heat transfer vinyl, you can handle your project both indoors and outdoors. You can re-use the best crafts again and again without spoiling.
The best crafts provide a better seal that exceeds expectation. It is also not overly sticky
- Easy to use. Comes with a RED-GRID square that aligns itself easily
- Versatile. The best crafts heat transfer works with different adhesive to bring out the best designs possible.
6. PrimeCuts 65Sheets 12”x12” Premium Permanent Self-Adhesive Vinyl Sheets
- ✔ ULTIMATE MONEY-SAVER PACKAGE: Nowhere on Amazon will you find high quality 12” X 12” inch premium vinyl 65 sheets in a broad variety of different glossy and matte colours at such low price!...
- ✔ SUPERIOR ADHESIVE BACKING & LINER Quality is truly everything! PrimeCuts ensures this by providing adhesive backing and liner on each sheet to protect the adhesive until it is exposed & ready for...
The PrimeCuts adhesive vinyl sheets features 65 sheets that comprise of 32 different mixtures of beautiful colors. The excellent permanent self-adhesive vinyl sheets can cut, peel and weed designs to the finest details. Thanks to the PrimeCuts vinyl sheets you can create the most desired sheets.
A lot of adhesive comes with these vinyl sheets to help you replicate the designs. These unique special sheets are designed to meet both indoors and outdoors purposes. That means you can last with them up to 5 years for indoor and 4 years for outdoor use.
This vinyl cuts well and holds themselves well. With it you can weed small letters because they are sticky and secured well. The PrimeCuts vinyl sheets works well cricut and ensures that the grid lines are straight. The 32 mixture of beautiful colors comes packed in ziplock bag.
- This a durable and premium vinyl sheet perfect for both indoor and outdoor application
- Comes with 65 assorted packs of glossy vinyl sheets
- Fits all desktops cutters like cricut, silhouette
7. Angel crafts 12” by 8” PREMIUM Transfer Paper Tape Roll With Grid.
- CRAFTING MADE EASY: Transfer your designs like a pro when you use Angel Crafts vinyl transfer tape
- MULTI MEDIA: Create and apply designs to decals, signs, walls, windows, or any other flat surfaces
The Angel craft comes with a clear set of instruction for easy operation and use. Comes with a grid pattern to help you align the project to the precision you want.
Its retailing price offers the best value for your buck than any other cricut or silhouette transfer paper. It holds up well for the long term.
The 1×1 inch graph makes the sizing of the digital cutter a breeze. The Angel crafts fits well thanks to its strong adhesion that puts everything together.
You will love the strong adhesion that comes with Angel crafts holds fibrous paper strong. It leaves zero residues after application.
It is so clear and transparent that you can see the stencil on the glass. Additional, you can space out the designs and it will look great.
- The each sheet has the following dimension 12 inches wide and 8 feet long
- Works will brands of indoors and outdoors adhesive vinyl
- Better grid lines for alignment.
8. Vinyl Rolls(Oracal 651) Choose your colors 47
The Oracle 651 features a solvent-based adhesive suited for both indoor and outdoor applications. It is heavier than most vinyl wrapping adhesive.
The Oracle 651 vinyl rolls convey greater scratch and abrasion resistance. It is dimension is 12 inches wide and you can use it to design canvas, glass, wood and metal. The Oracle 651 is perfect for stencil etching.
With its mixture of 47 beautiful colors, the vinyl rolls is perfect to persons who enjoys putting their creativity to test. The amazing color will help you unleash your creativity.
- 47 mixtures of beautiful colors that sparks your creativity
- Strong adhesive that holds the designs in place
- Suited for both indoor and outdoor applications
9. Angel Crafts 5”x50” Premium Transfer Paper Tape Roll with grid.
- QUICK AND EASY RELEASE transfer tape for vinyl that does not leave a sticky residue on your vinyl and won’t rip or tear your project! It’s the perfect alignment paper so your projects go on...
- JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF GLUE will make sure your project transfers beautifully. No mess - no fuss! Larger core means less memory so the Angel Crafts Transfer Paper lays flat to make it easy to work...
Sometimes it is the simplest ideas that win customer’s heart and attention. That is the aim of Angel crafts transfer paper roll. Designed not just to win hearts, but create a lasting impression.
The Angel craft 5” by 50” does an excellent job of transferring vinyl. The vinyl sheets are clear enough and you can lay different colors. The Angel crafts is perfect for various application including car windows, mouse pads, walls, wine glasses, coffee cups and paper.
The Angel craft premium transfer paper doesn’t bubble or wrinkle. With it, customers can see the decals.
Has great amount of tack. Its back peels off easily when cut well. The vinyl is crystal clear that you can see your piece of artwork. Angel craft 5”x50 leaves no residue and makes weeding and transferring an easy job.
Its grid lines promote a straight alignment of small letters and cut can be cut with ease to finer precision. Thanks to its strong adhesion properties, the vinyl sheets hold up together well.
- This is a must have for decals with fine details or wording with small skinny letter
- Each dimensions measures 6 inches wide and 50 feet long
- Work for both indoor and outdoor purposes
- Gives better alignment and positioning with its grid patterns.
10. Craftopia 12 inch x25 feet clear transfer paper roll.
- 25 FEET LONG ROLL: That's 8 more BONUS feet than other application Transfer Tape brands
- SIGN AND CRAFT MAKER'S TRANSFER PAPER CHOICE - We are sign makers ourselves and we you will love our transfer tape OR YOUR MONEY BACK!
The best heat transfer vinyl is not cheap, but it does make life easier. With its grid lines, you can create desired shapes that you can cut easily.
The craftopia 12 inches x25 feet excellent stickiness properties. Its tape is stiff for easy handling. And you can reuse it every time. Hands down, Craftopia transfer paper roll is save you lots of money than other high-end transfer vinyl paper.
- Made in the USA
- Designed for both indoor and outdoor purposes
- Features the longest roll at 25-feet long
- Easy transfer of vinyl
What Is Heat Transfer Vinyl?
A vinyl is a special transfer design. It comes in sheets or rolls. First, you cut or shape the designs on the paper. If you have a custom artwork, you can cut it into specification to look nice on the vinyl paper.
Second, after you have shaped the desired artwork on those vinyl sheets, you then take a heat press machine and transfer it into garments.
The transferring takes place when you set the heat press machine with the desired temperature and pressure. Vinyl has an adhesive that makes it easy to cut, weed and stick designs into the garments.
Garments or t-shirt from vinyl heat transfer are durable. You can use it to create custom design t-shirts like the jerseys, slogan or multi-graphic design.
With a vinyl transfer paper, you have flexibility to create custom apparel for clients or customers.
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Heat Transfer Vinyl
Every company will make noises that they have the best transfer vinyl for you.
In most cases, it is not. That is why this section is important to help you evaluate criteria that you will use to choose best vinyl heat transfer.
You may need to note down key points or important features that will help choose the best product value your money. Not all vinyl heat transfer are the same. They have different features and specification and these sections discuss them in length and tell you why those features matters.
Quality Of The Bundles
Heat transfer come in bundles and it is vital for you to invest in the quality of the bundles. Otherwise, the final product will frustrates you.
A high-quality bundle is durable, prevents the design from fading, peeling and cracking. A customer will buy t-shirt that he or she can wash many times without it fading.
And when you are buying a vinyl transfer paper that is what you should be aiming at.
A designer depends on creativity to woo customers to their product. Color combination and diversity is critical if you want to produce t-shirt that will sell fast in the market.
You need to buy a vinyl heat transfer paper with wide spectrum of colors. You can play with any colors or mix them together to create the right impression on the customers.
Pick a vinyl transfer paper with trendy colors that will make you creative in you design process.
Size Of The Machine
It is common sense to have a large machine, but most people will forget these and here is why.
You can print small t-shirt on a large machine but you can print a large t-shirt on small machine. A large machine gives you more than flexibility.
With a large machine, it is easy to align and press, easy to load and unload bulky t-shirts. Aside from that a large machine gives you the advantage of working with an oversize t-shirts.
The most recommended start pack for the size is 15”x15” going up. You also have the options for choosing a portable or fixed machine.
Simplicity In Operation
The vinyl heat transfer process needs to be quick and painless. Choosing a wrong vinyl can cost your time and money, or even complicate the whole printing process.
Look for vinyl transfer paper with simple features like lightweight design, sensitive to low pressure, heat and thin design.
Quality Of The Heat Platen.
Inconsistent imprints happen for a reason. It happens because of the quality of the heat platen. Thick platens are retains heat than thin and lighter platen.
How To Use Heat Transfer Vinyl
You’re thinking how the imprinting process works. It is easier than you think. There are six steps to perfect designs. Here is the process you need to follow to ensure that you produce better garments.
Step 1: Tools you need
Before you start imprinting any design, you need to have the right tools. The right tools will ease you work and lead you to perfect garments. Here are the things you need:
- Personal computer- It will help you prepare the artwork
- Vector based software
- Heat presser machine or iron
- Cotton plotter or vinyl cutter.
Step 2: Prepare the artwork
In this step, you need to download vector based software like the Silhouette Studio Software on the internet. You can have this software in minutes on your computer. You can download images to put in your artwork through the Silhouette store.
Using your skill set and the right images, you can create the design that you want for your garments.
Step 3: Cut the heat transfer
You’ve finished the design, now is the time to flip and cut. There are two ways you can do this. You can cut it with or without the mat. Both ways will produce an excellent design for your garments.
Make sure that your design is small enough to fit on the mat. It needs to be secure and have fewer margins for error. If you have a large image, you will need to cut the heat transfer from the roll without using the mat.
After that you need to load the heat transfer into the machine. Make sure the backing of the heat transfer faces up.
Before cutting the heat transfer, you need to test the design to make sure that it produces the desired designs. Here is where you can make corrections in case you did a wrong cut.
Looking for the vinyl cutting machines? Read our guide.
Step 4: Weeding stage
Your design is now cut, the next step is weeding. Weeding is trimming the design to remove extra edges.
Here you need to trim parts that you don’t want to see in the designs or the negative space. You can use a wood tool to do all this work. Complex letters like A and O, need to be weeded well, if they have any edges.
Step 5: Arrange
In this step, you need to transfer the weeded piece into your project. Make sure the pieces are aligned and the backing is facing up. You need to space out the weeded piece on the project.
Step 6: Use a heat press machine or iron
Your design is now on the project, what you need is a heat press machine or iron. The two tools will make sure that your designs stick on the garment you are working on.
Heat press machines can do this job in 10 to 20 seconds. You will need a high-quality iron transfer machine to handle this job. These six steps are essential if you want to design any garments.
How To Cut A Vinyl Heat Transfer Vinyl
With so many vinyl transfers in market it becomes impossible to choose the right transfer paper.
Whether you have a high-end or limited budget, you will get packed-information on how you can select best vinyl transfer paper.
Anyone who has run a t-shirt print business before will agree that choosing a wrong vinyl transfer will cost your business a lot.
This heat transferring device is amongst the best design transferring device that you can use to produce custom made logos, monograms or any other type of design to apply on pillows, bags, shirts and many others.
It is a sturdy transferring device that you can use on all sorts of material. In fact, the transferring vinyl gives you the opportunity to unleash your designing imagination.
Although this transferring device is highly effective, it also has many complications if used the wrong way. That is why this article is for your benefit. We aim to properly guide you on how to cut your heat transfer vinyl so that your designs will come out as you expect with little or no damages.
What you have to do first is to familiarize, understand your vinyl transferring machine and test runs to properly set your work.After this, you can then proceed with the following procedures;
Do your Artwork:
The first step to follow is to create your own design the way you will like it to appear.
Keep the Shiny side of HTV Down while the Matte side stays up:
It is important to note that the glossy part of your item is a clear carrier. It is this carrier that holds the pieces of the transferring vinyl together to ensure its accurate alignment.
For a successful heat transfer application, you will have to make the carrier look towards the mat for the cutting. Then the matte should be faced up. To use this method, it is imperative that you use mirror image or text for your design before cutting.
Remember to entirely remove the initial design after you have mirror imaged it so as to prevent cutting out the un-mirrored version by mistake.
Position the material properly on the Mat:
Immediately you want to run the design, proceed to place the materials unto the heat transfer vinyl. If you like, place the items directly to your HTV or use the cutting mat.
Position the rollers appropriately so that it can inhabit the transferring device for a direct loading.You can also position your vinyl at the brink together with the colored mark situated at the left. This will enable the mat edges to be the same as the rollers. Make sure to load directly to the transfer Vinyl.
Then align the mat to lean on the bars as you are pressing “load” on your machine screen.In case you are cutting a design that is larger than the 12-inch mat, you do not need a mat for that.
If the Transferring Vinyl you are using is of a smaller size, make sure that it is stuck tightly on the cutting mat for a perfect hold. Arrange the material you would like to transfer on the mat, make sure that the plastic back side is placed down and select “load” on your screen and press “Enter” for your cutting mat to load.
Then go to your transfer Settings on the taskbar and select the type of transfer you want on the task bar. You will see many options from the menu to choose either smooth, flocked or glitter depending on what you want.
Apply the procedure of Test Run:
If your heat transfer vinyl is one of those that you can perform a test run on, it will be helpful. This feature will help you to select the type of heat transfer you want to do either rough free, flocked or shiny according to the type of work you are doing.
It will also help you to reset the blade, frequency also the thickness placements according to the material you are using.
Bring out the materials from the Mat:
This is another important process you should do when cutting the heat transfer vinyl. You should totally unload the mat when you have finished with the test cut.
Thoroughly inspect your test run after Weeding:
You should inspect the materials after your test run to make sure that it does not sustain rips that will prevent it from separating smoothly. The first thing to do is to reset the materials thickness to the highest level.
When you have done this yet the garment didn’t cut properly, you can bring out your blade for more cutting. Make sure not to cut too close to the extent that your cutting can be felt from the carrier. This can lead to puncturing of the carrier.
Adjust the Depth of the Blade:
It is imperative that your blade thickness is adjusted for it to do an efficient job. Remove the blade from its covering and fit it to your resetting socket.
Then position the white marker towards your device’s socket together as the colored board located at the twisting handle of the blade continuously until you reach the perfect blade depth you want.
Always remember that when you use your blade for a long time, you will need to set your cuttings higher. Also if you want your heat transfer vinyl blade to remain sharp constantly, do not use it to cut other materials such as fabric or cardstock.
You can then Apply Heat:
After you are through with all the above-listed process, switch on the Vinyl machine up to the maximum level then switch it off. Get a neat dishcloth to cover your design before pressing the hot iron on it.
Leave the heated machine unmoving on your artwork like 45 to 60 seconds while applying constant pressure. Immediately the time reached, carefully remove its plastic back from the design.
When you try to peel away the backing and find out that it is stuck, allow your work to cool off in thirty seconds and place a dishcloth again on your work then bring down the iron on the design for the second time for thirty seconds.
Note that this procedure works well for cotton and polyester materials but if you are using a burlap material, you will have to repeat this procedure severally before the heat transfer will perfectly stick to the work.
When once you have successfully accomplished the peeling off the whole plastic backing, you are through with the project. In some cases you may need a quilting machine to give your work a professional quality.
There you have it. You can choose any of the top 10 best heat transfer vinyl paper with ease.
They are best-selling products with excellent customer satisfaction and print quality. Their wide arrays of colors will quench your creativity to create designs that leave unforgettable impression.
They are sensitive to heat and pressure, making it easier for you as to cut, weed and peel. Invest in a high-quality vinyl heat transfer paper on our list and print creative designs.
Last update on 2021-12-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. Disclamer