Best Embroidery Hoops: Reviews 2020
Few things are as useful when doing hand embroidery as the best embroidery hoops. They make it easy to get any project done in a breeze, with more precision, and more beauty.
The capacity to tense the fabric or cloth and provide the perfect embroidering base is just unmatched. And you can use it anywhere and anytime without problems.
When you lack an embroidery hoop, your designs end up being worse, or harder to do. So, having an embroidery hoop can change your whole experience.
Now that you’re somewhat aware of what they offer – let’s now go into the good stuff. Here you have 10 different reviews for embroidery hoops that are totally worth considering…
Our 10 Best Embroidery Hoops Reviews
For this list, we focused on the 10 most reliable & easy-to-use models available. Then we reviewed each one, highlighting they’re best features and explaining what they offer overall. Here’s what we found:
1. Similane 6-inch Bamboo Embroidery Hoops
- 12 pieces 6 inch embroidery Hoops.
- Embroidery hoops are made of high quality and durable natural bamboo.
- Lightweight cross stitch hoops with upgraded stainless steel screws, easy to use.
- Great for embroidery, cross stitch, handcraft, sewing and etc.
- Ideal choice for embroidery lovers, good set for kids to start embroidery.
Similane enters the embroidery game strong with the bamboo hoops. This 12-piece set, for example, offers one of the most reliable constructions you could expect, lasting several years of use without problems.
But the advantage comes from the 6-inches size. That’s enough to handle most jobs with ease and still offer tons of space to play with the embroidery freely. Even in the hardest of designs to make, these embroidery hoops will perform well enough.
This goes well with the stainless steel screws, ideal for securing the cloth on the hoop when needed. And with the lightweight design despite its large size, the hoops are a total piece of cake to use – even with the heaviest of fabrics.
You can do whatever you want with these hoops, from cross-stitching to handcrafting, standard sewing, and may even have the chance to use it with machines. Just pick the right nails and thread, and you’ll be ready to tackle almost any job.
In reality, these hoops are so easy to use and well-made that even kids can use them. If you’re teaching children how to get into embroidery – this set will work wonders.
It has nothing to complain about as a set for embroidery hoops – and it comes at an excellent cost.
- High-quality bamboo construction for durability & strength
- Easy-to-use design with stainless steel securing screws
- Ideal size for small & large cloths when needed
- Even kids can use it without any problems
- Works well with most types of embroidery
2. Caydo 3 Inch Wooden Round Embroidery Hoops
- Environmental and Durable Material: Bamboo,without burr,smooth and safety to the body
- Package comes 12 pieces 3" (8 cm) embroidered hoops，perfect to teach children
- Easy operation: Embroidery hoops have a brass adjustment screw that you can tighten when necessary to keep the fabric as tight as a drum
- Multipurpose Use: Not only for embroidery needle craft and quilting, you can also used in Christmas ornaments, wall decoration, wedding decoration, garlands, small ornaments
- Cost-efficient 12 pieces small bulk wholesale is really a good gift to your friends,children, lovers and family members
In case you’re looking for something extra small and enjoy tinier designs in your fabrics or cloths, then nothing will match the Caydo 3-inch hoops.
The first thing you’ll notice is the durable bamboo construction. It doesn’t produce any burr and feels as smooth as the highest-quality wood you can think of. This pairs up with its safe build, so you won’t have to worry about splinters or sharp edges.
Something that truly makes it stand out is the easy operation. You can enjoy the brass adjustment screws to tighten up the hoops when needed. This will help you make the perfect drum for your designs, so you can work with more precision.
Yet it is not a single hoop what you get – but 12 pieces in total. That’s enough to handle most jobs without complaints – even if it is holiday decorations or simple quilting.
As the last thing to mention, these hoops are good-looking and won’t damage your cloths in any way. Even at the tightest level and with the softest of fabrics, you can be sure it will handle the job well enough.
Whatever you want to get done with embroidery hoops, these ones will probably fare better than you expect.
- Small yet practical design for all kinds of embroidery
- Superb bamboo build for durability
- Brass adjustment screws for reliability
- Good-looking hoops for enjoyable use
- Comes with a total of 12 hoops
3. Pllieay 4-Inch Embroidery Hoops
- Bulk Wholesale: 18 Pieces 4 inch (10 cm) embroidered hoops
- Environmental and Durable Material: Bamboo, without burr, smooth and safety to the body, Ideal choice for embroidery lovers, good hoops set for adults and kids beginners
- Easy Operation: Embroidery hoops have a brass adjustment screw that you can tighten when it is necessary to keep the fabric as tight as a drum
- Warning: If you received missing pieces, please contact us at once, we will do more for you
- Multipurpose Use: Not only for embroidery, needlecraft and quilting, you can also used in wall decoration, wedding decoration, garlands, Christmas ornaments
Now, it is time to go over the Pllieay embroidery hoops, coming in a batch of 18 pieces in total so you can have enough for all your demands.
At 4-inches in size, they are pretty easy to use. This gets even better with the bamboo construction, ideal for a smooth experience while using and safer overall operation. You won’t have to worry about your hands or skin getting damage.
There’s also a brass adjustment system on each hoop. This makes it easy to screw in and out from cloths, so you can start embroidering or stop without wasting any time or effort.
Another advantage is that its bamboo construction works for almost anything – including quilting, embroidering, needle-craft, and more.
From the size to the bamboo build and even the multipurpose design, there’s nothing about this set of hoops to hate. And to make it even better, it comes at an exceptional cost for the number of pieces and overall quality.
In short, this set of embroidery hoops will make your life better without costing much time or effort.
- Boast 18 different hoops for a more convenient experience
- Excellent 4-inch size for a wide array of applications
- Top-notch bamboo build ensures safety & strength
- Brass adjustment system makes them easy to use
- Works both for adults and children without problems
4. Darice DIY Wooden Embroidery Hoops
If we had to pick the best single hoop on the whole list, we wouldn’t think twice before choosing the Darice DIY wooden model.
This is a well-made short and large embroidery hoop that can tackle both small & large designs with ease. You can pick any model going from 3 inches up to 14 inches in total diameter, for a total of 10 different options so you can go for the one that best fits your demands.
With a pine construction, the set stands out above its competition. That ensures proper quality for years, and lack of splinters or breakage. Even if you’re a heavy embroiderer, you’ll love this build.
The bundle only boasts 3 hoops, which can be seen as too little. But considering the different sizes and the build quality, you’re getting a total bargain.
They will let you work with either thin or thick fabrics, enjoy some simple embroidery, or eventually get into quilting and all sorts of jobs. That’s enough to make even the most demanding embroidery user happy.
If you want something quality-oriented that still manages to be soft in your pocket, then this is your best bet.
- Comes in various sizes for all kinds of uses
- Fantastic pine build for better quality overall
- Works well with thin and thick fabrics
- Offers 3 hoops in the same bundle for a fantastic cost
- Reliable & handy securing system made of steel
5. ZHAOER Embroidery Circle Hoop
- 🎋MATERIALS - The embroidery frame consists of bamboo wood hoop & stainless screw
- 📏MULTIPLE-SIZES - 5 sizes included. 6 inch, 8 inch, 9.4 inch, 10.6 inch, and 12 inch. Suitable for different sized embroidered cloth
- 🍃LIGHTWEIGHT - Polished bamboo sewing hoop is light and harmless to your hands
- 💡MULTIPLE-USAGE - The wooden embroidery hoops are perfect for needlecraft and quilting, wall decoration, wedding decoration, and small ornaments.
- 🎁IDEAL CHOICE - Great for working all kinds of crafts. A good DIY tool for kids to start embroidery.
Coming in different sizes and providing an excellent construction, the Zhaoer Embroidery Circle Hoop will surpass all your expectations.
As the most crucial part, you get a bamboo frame that stands all kinds of uses. It will not break or split, and it will feel like a piece of cake when handling. The lightness and its overall strength make it a perfect choice.
It also holds the fabric well enough thanks to the stainless screw system. This will help you secure any type of cloth or fabric strongly enough to the hoop.
Another advantage of this set is the different sizes you get. It goes from 6 to 12 inches – for a total of 5 different hoops so you can work in many different jobs easily. Add up the versatility of the hoops, and they become a fantastic set for sure – ideal for needlecraft, embroidery, ornaments, quilting, and more.
There’s simply nothing about this set of hoops to hate. You can get practically anything done without having to waste any money, time, or effort. This gets even better with the different sizes it offers and the strength of the build – perfect to handle any embroidery task.
- Quality bamboo build ensures tons of durability
- The light build makes it easy to operate and handle
- Well-made screw system provides secure embroidering
- Comes with 5 pieces of different sizes to tackle any job
- Outstanding cost for the quality & quantity
6. Sew Tech Embroidery Hoops
- This hoop set is compatible with Brother SE600 SE625 SE400 SE425 SE350 SE270D PE550D PE540D PE400D PE270D PE535 PE525 PE500 PE300S LB6770 LB6770PRW LB6800PRW LB6800THRD LB7000BNDL LB7000PRW SB7050E SB7500 HE1 HE-120 HE240 Brother Innovis 500D 900D 950D 990D Baby Lock embroidery machines
- Sew Tech embroidery machine hoops are accurate and strong
- Clear markings on hoops for easy reference
- Adjustable metal screw on the hoop help you to clamp a wide range of fabric firmly
- Used as a perfect replacement of the old hoops or have extra hoops to speed up your embroidery projects
In case you’re looking for machine embroidery hoops, then you won’t find any better option than the Sew Tech Embroidery model for the Innovis Babylock Brother Machine.
The main advantage of these hoops is the capacity to work wonders with a wide array of embroidery machines. You won’t have to worry about using them – even if they don’t fit the ideal model. They will fit amazingly well and make the embroidering experience way easier.
One huge positive is the adjustable metal screw on the hoop. It allows easy adjustment to get the fabric or cloth secured. It doesn’t matter how thick or thin it is – you can make it happen with this system.
Another great thing to think about is the array of hoop designs. You will get an oval model, a squared pattern, and a rectangular hoop. All of them offer the same advantages, but work slightly different so you can handle all kinds of jobs.
And when you add the plastic build on each one of them, then you can easily expect a durable set for sure.
In short, you won’t find any better set of hoops for embroidery machines. Whether you need to change your old ones or just get different sets for additional designs – this is the hoop set to go for.
- Plastic construction ensures durability & resilience
- Works with different types of embroidery machines
- Reliable screw system makes it easy to secure fabrics
- Various designs & shapes for all kinds of tasks
- Fits with Brother embroidery machines like a gem
7. GONCHAROFF Tapestry Scroll Embroidery Frames
- Finely polished surface of organic beech wood, pleasant to touch and guaranteed splinter-free
- Embroidery frame ensures that no loose stitches are left on tapestry
- Rounded clamps allow for quick and easy fastening with tight tension abilities, causes no damage
- Working dimensions can be size-adjusted with additional frame holes for small and large projects
- Interchangeable with ALL Goncharoff frame models
Even though this is an article for hoops, we couldn’t leave the Goncharoff tapestry scroll embroidery frame behind. It is just as useful and easy to use as a hoop, but with a squared design that adds up tons of new opportunities.
The material is also amazing. It uses organic beech wood, one of the safest out there as it has no splinters. Yet, this gets better with the softness of its surface so you can handle it around with ease.
Another excellent feature is the addition of rounded clamps. They help keep the fabric attached to the frame without causing damage, but also strong enough to prevent it from loosening. And if you need to add tension, then you can do so easily.
This frame comes at 10 by 12.5 inches but also at 12 by 19 inches. The advantage is that both models come with additional holes that you can use to set up the frame and make it smaller if needed. That will be a fantastic feature to enjoy if you’re always making designs of different sizes.
And finally, the entire frame is interchangeable with other Goncharoff models. So if you get two or three of these – then you may be able to make all kinds of designs.
- Practical squared frame design for more opportunities
- Superb organic beech build for safety & strength
- Straightforward rounded clamps for assembly
- The adjustable design also comes in different sizes
- Pairs up with other Goncharoff frames for extra convenience
8. Pllieay 4-inch Bamboo Round Embroidery Hoops
- Material: Made of bamboo, without burr, durable, smooth and safety to your body
- Quantity: Packaged with 10 pieces 4 inch (10 cm) embroidered hoops, good enough for your need
- Easy operation: Embroidery hoops have a brass adjustment screw that you can tighten when necessary to keep the fabric as tight as a drum
- Multipurpose use: Not only for embroidery, needlecraft and quilting, you can also used in wall decoration, wedding decoration, garlands, small ornaments
- Special gift: Cost-efficient 10 pieces small bulk wholesale is really a good gift to your embroidery learners, friends, children, lovers and family members
As the second Pllieay set, this bamboo option offers impressive results as well. You can enjoy the bamboo construction as well as the ideal 4-inch design and even the secure screw system. There’s nothing to hate about it.
The bamboo, on the one hand, will help you handle each hoop with ease. It makes the overall construction more durable but also safer, free of burr, and smooth like no other. That will make it easy to handle as well, especially if you’re always embroidering.
This goes well with the brass screw adjustment system. You can tighten the fabrics or cloths without making much of an effort. And they will stay secure for long.
Sure enough, you get 10 different pieces that will provide the versatility and convenience you need. If you need to get several designs done at the same time – then this set will come like a gem.
And lastly, they work amazingly well with all kinds of embroidery designs. It doesn’t matter whether you’re doing practice embroidering, making decorations, ornaments, or doing some expert needlecraft or quilting. The hoops will perform well enough and give you no problem at all.
- Quality bamboo build ensures durability & safety
- Screw adjustment keeps fabrics tight on the hoop
- Delivers 10 hoops in total for multiple jobs at the same time
- Performs well with different types of embroidery tasks
- Superb cost for the quality & quantity you get
9. AllGoodWare Wooden Embroidery Hoop
- Wooden Embroidery Hoop are perfectly smooth & solidly made, which prevent fabric from snagging and screw mechanisms on the outside of hoop make it easy to tighten and loosen.
- It is quite easy to securely fasten these hoops on your projects and make fabric stays nice.
- These cross stitching hoops are made of sturdy bamboo, not easily break and bend.
- It is great gift for beginner to study embroidery. Dimension:5 inch, packing includes: 12 pieces.
- It is simple to use and keep fabric in place better.
For those who want a complete set of embroidery hoops, the AllGoodWare wooden kit with 12 pieces will come like a gem.
It comes with 5-inches hoops that you can use for practically any type of embroidering. Whether it is needling, decorations, quilting, or even the hardest of ornament – this set of hoops will perform well enough.
They’re also 12 in total, so you can use them at the same time without getting short of hoops. As a high-volume embroiderer, you may find this quantity more than ideal for your needs.
The main advantage, however, comes from the sturdy bamboo wood construction. It is pretty solid but also soft, offering both the strength to last a lifetime and the smoothness to be soft on your hands.
When you add the screw mechanism, it gets even better. You can tighten the fabric as much as you need and enjoy maximum embroidering capacity. Even in the hardest of designs, these hoops will perform amazingly well.
At 5 inches, they also hold the ideal size for both beginners and experts. And with such softness, sturdiness, and smoothness – they’re an almost perfect set of hoops.
- A total set of 12 hoops offers a complete experience
- Works for any type of embroidery needs & demands
- High-quality bamboo construction surpasses expectations
- Reliable screw mechanism makes them easy to tighten up
- Smooth surface allows safe & enjoyable operation
10. Pllieay 5-inch to 10-inch Bamboo Hoop Rings
- Material: Made of natural bamboo, non-fading, durable, light, beautiful and harmless to your hands
- Multiple Sizes: 5 inch (13cm), 7 inch (17cm), 8 inch (20cm), 9 inch (23cm) and 10 inch (26cm), the five different sizes to suite your needs
- Applications: You can embellish the embroidery edges with lace, paint, gems or other materials and use it as a display frame. You could even wrap ribbons and flowers around them, easy and cute wreaths, it also will be a good dector on the wall
- Detail Processing: Stainless steel screws with fine anti-skid embossed texture will fixed your fabric well
- Useful Accessory: Embroidery Bamboo Circle is really a perfect gift for embroidery learners, beginners, friends, colleagues and lovers to DIY home decorations or any style embroidery crafts
To finish our list of reviews, we need to mention the most convenient set of wooden embroidery hoops on the whole list. That would be the Pllieay Bamboo Hoop Rings.
As you can guess by the name, these hoops are totally made of bamboo. That ensures outstanding durability and strength, so you’re not likely to ever experience breaking or something similar.
This pairs up well with the steel screw adjustment system. It is a piece of cake to use, but it also works wonders when tightening up the fabric to the piece. It doesn’t matter which size you’re working with – they all work better than you expect.
Having said that, it is necessary to mention the different sizes you get. This set goes from hoops at 5-inches to hoops at 10-inches – with 5 options in total. You won’t have any problem using all of them at the same time for different purposes.
And the best of all, it works wonders for any kind of embroidering, and for any user. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, trying to do some quilting or a decoration – this set of hoops will come like a gem.
- Boasts 5 different hoops of varying sizes for all kinds of jobs
- Bamboo construction ensures durability & smoothness
- Steel screw system makes it easy to adjust & tighten up
- Ideal for both beginners & experts due to its variety
- Amazingly affordable for the quality you get
Embroidery Hoops Buying Guide: Things to Consider!
As you can see with our previous reviews, picking the right model may seem like a piece of cake – and it will be. But that’s only after reading this buying guide.
Otherwise, you will probably head-in blind and without an idea of what to go for. So, read up the next buying guide for a better experience when buying:
Size of the Hoop
If there’s something you must consider without thinking twice, then that’s the size of the hoop.
Luckily, all models, sets, and collections will come with a specific size to go for. And it can go anywhere from 3-inches to 14-inches and even more.
A 3-inch model is a mini embroidery hoop. This refers to the diameter of the piece, and it tells you how small it can be with such measurements.
But if you go for a 14-inches model – then we’re talking about a pretty large hoop. This one will make it easy to create decently big designs for all kinds of purposes.
You must pay great attention for one sole reason: the size will affect both the final job diameter but also the overall ease of use.
A small hoop will be effortless to handle, even for children. But anything larger than 6 or 8 inches will probably feel hard – so they are mostly recommended for more advanced embroiderers.
In the end, you should pick the one you feel more comfortable working with. That will be the right hoop size to go for.
Shape of the Hoop
While hoops tend to be circular, you may also find some of them with different shapes: such as rectangular, oval, or square shapes.
Some of the rectangular and square shapes may have rounded edges to make them easier to use. You may also find them in these designs to offer extra embroidery options.
You should pick the ones that fit your demands. That means getting the ideal shape for your project, depending on what you want to create.
Material of the Hoop
One thing people tend to forget about embroidery hoops is that they come with specific types of constructions. These builds can go from using bamboo, which is the standard material, to using pine wood and other soft, light, yet sturdy materials.
Other hoops can be made with metals such as steel or aluminium. Yet, you are most likely to find them with plastic builds, just not as common as wooden ones.
The construction, however, needs to prevent splintering and offer high break resistance. On the other hand, it needs to be easy to hold with a light build, but also soft on the hands, so you don’t harm yourself while embroidering.
It is also important to remember that wood is way cheaper than both plastic & metal. So, be careful before choosing.
Screw / Adjustment System
The screw or adjustment system is a piece that usually goes on the side of the hoop. This piece has the sole purpose of tightening up the fabric on the hoop.
You must go for a well-made screw system if you’re looking for any. We usually recommend stainless steel ones over any other. But you may also find it made in copper and sometimes even plastic.
It is super crucial for embroidery hoops to be light and easy to handle. That’s why we recommend going for the lightest options available.
Here, you will find wooden models to be the lightest ones. Followed by plastic hoops, and then you find metallic ones.
Be sure to know that lightness is all about handling the hoop. With a lighter model, you will get an easier operation, which ensures better and faster designs.
On the other hand, the heaviest ones like plastic and metallic tend to be stronger & more durable. That means you can tighten them up way more than wooden models, and also expect many more years of use.
So, it’s all about what you’re expecting to get. Heavy models will last more and offer higher pressure, but they’re more expensive. That’s why we prefer lighter models, especially if you’re a beginner.
Quantity & Types
Finally, you need to consider how many hoops you want and what kind you want. That’s all about picking the right set that fits your demands.
For example, some kits will come with an embroidery hoop stand and a few hoops. But others will come only with hoops of the same size. And if you look hard enough, then you can find some that come with several sizes at the same time.
You may even find some embroidery hoop sets with needles and fabrics. Those are even more practical to use.
With so many hoops to consider, it is time you take a deep breath and start being picky. What we know is that only a few minutes of thinking & reconsidering is enough to get the right set eventually.
Following our best embroidery hoops reviews will be your best bet for that. Just read up what we recommend about each kit, and think about how it may help with your embroidering. Then, you won’t regret making the final choice.
Choose now – it’s time to get high-quality hoops for your needling!