Are you looking for the best craftsman tool set? Lucky for you then, because you have come to the right place!
Having to deal with a repair job is obviously something that can never be predicted. In fact, having to repair something may require a certain set of tools. And in most cases, you often don’t have the right tool to get the job done.
So, the importance of having a professional mechanics tool set lying around may help you deal with some uninvited problems that you need to solve.
In this craftsman tool set review, we will deal with homeowners as well as professional mechanics. Professionals do need that extra bit of help when it comes to repairing jobs.
After going through a hoard of products, we have found some of the best mechanics tool sets for the money. So, without wasting any more time, let’s begin.
What Tools Would You Need on a Daily Basis?
It is certainly an important question to ask yourself before making any decision. Apart from the obvious, you may have some other needs which will only apply in your case. Check DamnTools blog for some other products like tool bag, carrier, sets that they are reviewing there.
Having a multi-purpose screwdriver is obviously a necessity. Although Philips and Flathead screwdrivers get the job done in most cases, it is always better to have something extra. So, we will advise you to buy a toolset that comes with additional bits for a variety of screws.
Ratchets do come with extenders these days. But just in case, if you have to deal with engine problems often, it is certainly better to keep an eye out for the right ratchet you will need.
SAE and metric bars have the ability to attach to your ratchet and bolt the screw in the correct position. As always, they are a must-have item to deal with vehicles.
Do check what kind of pliers your toolset has. There may well be a small chance that you only have the normal set of pliers. But having needle-nose pliers will help you be better equipped for any sort of repair job.
So, having the right pliers means that you have the correct tools to grip, cut and strip any wires other such things.
These are probably the sneakiest helpers you will find in a mechanics tool set. In case of dealing with vehicles, these things offer a great bit of leverage and usability.
Of course, toolset manufacturers try to bring out their creativity by offering a variety of pry tools. It is up to you to choose the one that goes with your needs.
It is a crucial factor when looking for a professional toolset. Most reputable brands offer some quality cases which offer both stability and functionality at the same time. But there are makers who tend to cheap out.
It is up to the user on how to deal with this situation. Based on what we have seen, it is smart to go for something sturdy. Because not only will it offer better stability, but also you will be able to use it in rough conditions.
Need a quick suggestion? Check our top picks below!
- Best Overall: WORKPRO 408-Piece Mechanics Tool Set with 3-Drawer Heavy Duty Metal Box
- Best Budget: Crescent 180 Pc. Professional Tool Set in Tool Storage Case
- Best Professional: GEARWRENCH 80966 243 Pc. 6 Pt.
- Best Value: WORKPRO W009037A 322-Piece Home Repair Hand Tool Kit
- Best DIY: CRAFTSMAN Home Tool Kit
- Best Large Tool Set: DEKOPRO 258 Piece Tool Kit
- Best Heavy Duty Mechanics Tool Set: TOPLINE 467-Piece Household Home Tool Kit
- Best Ergonomic: GEARWRENCH Mechanics Tool Set in 3 Drawer Storage Box
- Best Quality: DEKOPRO 218-Piece General Household Hand Tool kit
- Best Selling: CARTMAN 148Piece Tool Set General Household Hand Tool Kit
- Most Efficient: PROSTORMER General Home/Auto Repair Tool Set
- Best Portable: Amazon Basics 173-Piece General Household Home Hand Tool Kit Set
12 Best Craftsman Tool Sets Reviews For 2022
This is our number one pick tool set that contains the most necessary tools for mechanics or household projects. It is ideal for all assembly, maintenance, and repair projects at home or in workshops.
The WORKPRO 408 is an excellent tool set for most daily use. This toolbox has a sturdy construction and convenient drawers that are perfect for storing your essential tools.
The mechanic tools are made from high-quality material, including Chrome vanadium forged tools for toughness and durability.
The box dimensions are 19.685″ x 10.63″ x 13.78″, which is spacious enough to store your tools. The drawers are smooth, and the handle and drawer linings add extra protection for your tools.
The tools are solid and well organized, making it easier to find the needed one. It is fair to say that this product has an attractive appearance and a sturdy design. If you are looking for a top-rated product worth the money, this may be a good choice for you.
- 408 pieces of tools
- Sturdy construction for durability
- Individual tool identification labels
- A wide range of tool collection for all common projects
- Drawers for easy tool organization
2. Best Budget: Crescent 180 Pc. Professional Tool Set in Tool Storage Case
If you are looking for a quality tool set but don’t want to break the bank, then the Crescent 180 Pc. Professional Tool Set is a good option for you. This tool set is perfect for most common projects and includes an assortment of hand tools.
This set is designed to offer incredible access from wrenches with narrow heads, adjustable wrenches, and pliers, as well as low-profile head quick-release ratchets.
The long nose and diagonal pliers with professional, ergonomic dipped grips wipe clean easily for your convenience.
This tool set includes a 72T Crescent quick release ratchet with a newly redesigned handle for improved comfort and control; shallow and deep SAE/metric 6 point full polish chrome sockets.
The 72T quick-release ratchet allows for fast and easy socket changes, while the wrenches allow you to complete jobs faster than ever before.
This versatile set contains a wide variety of hand tools, including pliers, screwdrivers, sockets, and more that are sure to make any project easier.
The price is reasonable, and it’s a decent set that contains the necessary tools for your jobs. It is one of the top-rated Craftsman tool set on the market.
- 180 Piece Professional Tool Set
- Crescent 72T Quick Release Ratchet
- Standard and Metric Wrenches
- Long Nose Pliers
- Dual Compartment Tool Box
3. Best Professional: GEARWRENCH 80966 243 Pc. 6 Pt.
The GEARWRENCH 80966 243 pc. 6 pt mechanics tool set is perfect for professional mechanics. It contains SAE and metric bars, extensions, hex keys, and a complete and comprehensive full polish ratcheting wrench set.
This combination wrench set contains 84 tooth ratchets with flush mounted on/off lever to reduce fastener rounding, 3-drawer storage box with independent sliding drawers, side flaps to lock drawers in place, steel hinged lid, and durable handle.
The three-drawer storage box is perfect for organizing your tools, and the side flaps keep the drawers locked in place.
The steel-hinged lid and durable handle make it easy to transport your tools, while the 84 teeth full polish chrome teardrop ratchets provide smooth operation.
The 15° Offset box end allows for added knuckle clearance, while the off-corner design reduces fastener rounding.
The universal joints provide additional access to hard-to-reach fasteners, and the full polish SAE and metric sizes of 1/4″, 3/8″, And 1/2″ sizes are ideal for automotive maintenance or light mechanical work.
- SAE extensions; hex keys; ratcheting wrench set
- 15° Offset box end for added knuckle clearance
- Off-corner design reduces fastener rounding
- Universal joints provide additional access to hard to reach fasteners
- 84 tooth full polish chrome teardrop ratchets
- Three-drawer storage box with independent sliding drawers; side flaps to lock drawers in place; steel hinged lid and durable handle
4. Best Value: WORKPRO W009037A 322-Piece Home Repair Hand Tool Kit
If you are looking for a top-rated product worth the money, then the WORKPRO W009037A 322-Piece Home Repair Hand Tool Kit may be the obvious choice.
This tool kit contains most of the necessary tools for household repairs. The tools are made from high-quality materials, including Chrome vanadium forged tools for toughness and durability.
The kit includes a hammer, level, tape measure, pliers, screwdrivers, hex wrenches, cables ties, and socket sets. All the tools meet or exceed ANSI critical standards.
The kit is packed in a durable nylon bag for easy and flexible storage. The bag dimensions are 18″ x 10″ x 6″, spacious enough to store small parts. The bag also comes with a handle and drawstrings for easy carrying.
- 322 pieces of sae tools
- Durable nylon bag for easy storage and transport
- Individual tool identification labels
- Chrome vanadium steel tools with heat-treated for strength and durability
5. Best DIY: CRAFTSMAN Home Tool Kit
The Craftsman tool set is perfect for the DIY handyman. The right tool kit contains a wide variety of right tools designed to help you complete tasks around your home.
The screwdriver, hammer, pliers, and adjustable wrench are used on almost anything. Whether you need to tighten up or loosening screws, this toolkit has everything that you need.
The included blow-molded case makes it easy to store this valuable set of tools in one convenient place for future use.
This kit comes with a slip joint, groove joint, and long nose pliers to increase access in various situations, as well as a fiberglass hammer for increased comfort and decreased fatigue.
The bi-material screwdriver is also comfortable to use and provides decreased fatigue. The full-polish finish with large markings is corrosion resistant and easy to identify.
- Tools in a blow molded case for easy storage and transportation
- Includes a wide variety of tools: slip joint, groove joint, and long nose pliers; fiberglass hammer; bi-material screwdriver bits; full-polish finish; comfortable to use
- Corrosion resistant and easy to identify
- Added comfort with decreased fatigue
6. Best Large Tool Set: DEKOPRO 258 Piece Tool Kit
The DEKOPRO 258 are the best mechanic’s tool sets for anyone looking for an extensive tool set.
These 258 piece mechanic’s tool sets are the perfect addition to your garage or work area. Each tool is designed with a sleek, professional finish and crafted from durable, high-quality materials for long-lasting use.
The mechanic tool set includes wrenches, screwdriver heads, universal joints, rulers, hammers, etc. It also comes in a portable rolling case that can be rolled from place to place with ease, thanks to two durable wheels.
The orderly placement of each layer of the tool box ensures that your tools are well-protected and easy to find. It also features special gaskets between each layer, with the cushion design giving your tools better protection.
These specialty tools kit are an excellent option for anyone who needs a large set of tools for their garage or work area.
- 258 pieces of tools that are perfect for any profession
- Durable rolling case that is easy to move thanks to two wheels
- Protective cushion design ensures that your tools are safe and your work area is well-organized
7. Best Heavy Duty Mechanics Tool Set: TOPLINE 467-Piece Household Home Tool Kit
The 467-Piece Heavy Duty work Household’s best mechanic’s Tool Set is perfect for general applications around the home or garage. The set includes 53 sockets, 12 combination wrenches, pliers set, screw rods, etc.
The bi-material handles with ergonomic non-slip design provide a more comfortable and better grip on the workpiece, while the polished surface offers excellent work performance and anti-corrosion.
The kit also comes with a 16-inch tool bag with water-repellent hard bottom, adjustable shoulder strap, and padded hand strap for easy carrying. Inside the tote, there are a huge array of pockets for storage and organization.
The TOPLINE 467-Piece Household Home Tool box has everything you need for basic repairs around your house. Constructed with sturdy metal handles and polished surfaces for excellent work performance and rust protection.
- Includes 53 sockets, 12 wrenches, pliers set and screwdriver, and other key features
- 16″ tool bag with water-repellent hard bottom, adjustable shoulder strap, and padded hand strap
- Multiple pockets for storage and organization
- Constructed with sturdy metal handles and polished surfaces for excellent work performance and rust protection on the spark plug socket
- Added comfort with decreased fatigue
8. Best Ergonomic: GEARWRENCH Mechanics Tool Set in 3 Drawer Storage Box
This GEARWRENCH best mechanic’s tool set is perfect for the professional or DIY mechanic. The full polish chrome SAE and metric sockets and ratchets are corrosion resistant and provide a long-lasting shine.
The quick-release mechanism on the ratchets allows for easy socket changes, while the off-corner loading design helps to reduce fastener rounding.
This mechanic’s tool set also includes comprehensive bit socket premium tools offerings, including hex bit, Torx bit, and External Torx sockets.
The two extension bars feature a knurled grip, providing a non-slip surface. This comprehensive mechanic’s tool set comes in a three-drawer storage box and includes hex bit, Torx bit, and External Torx sockets.
- 72 tooth ratcheting wrenches with a 5° swing arc for easy access in tight spaces
- 5° offset on the head of each ratchet, allowing for a tighter fit in tight spaces
- Slack and reverse switches for easy use
- Corrosion resistant chrome vanadium sockets and ratchets
- Quick-release mechanism on the ratchets allows for easy socket changes
- Off-corner loading design reduces fastener rounding
- Ergonomic slip-resistant grip
9. Best Quality: DEKOPRO 218-Piece General Household Hand Tool kit
The DEKOPRO 218-piece general household hand mechanics tool chest is a great option for anyone looking for a build quality mechanic tool set.
This hand mechanic tool set contains a wide variety of essential additional tools for everyday maintenance, repair, and virtually any project around the house or in your shop.
It includes combination spanners, 1/4-inch drive sockets, adjustable wrench, screwdriver bits, and so on. The hand tool sets are neatly stored in this mechanic tool kits and are guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship.
This home tool entire kit includes combination spanners, Philips screwdriver,1/4-inch drive sockets, adjustable wrench, screwdriver bits, Lineman’s Plier, etc.
This multi-functional mechanic’s tool set is perfect for small repairs and home DIY projects. The best tools are neatly stored in a durable mechanic’s tool set and are guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship.
So, whether you’re a homeowner, office worker, or garage mechanic, this hand tool set has you covered.
- A wide variety of quality tools: combination spanners, 1/4-inch drive sockets, adjustable wrench, screwdriver bits, etc.
- Ergonomic slip-resistant grip
- Durable case made of high build quality plastic for easy storage and transportation
- Tools are organized in case for easy access.
- Durable and portable with a sleek design
10. Best Seller: CARTMAN 148Piece Tool Set General Household Hand Tool Kit
The CARTMAN 148Piece Tool Set General Household Hand Tool Kit is one of the best-selling tool sets on the market.
This set includes other quality tools that are perfect for completing small repairs around the house. The tools are heat treated and chrome plated to resist corrosion, and they are securely housed in a handy blow-molded case.
The kit meets or exceeds critical standards and is perfect for anyone who needs a reliable set of craftsman products.
The CARTMAN 148Piece Mechanic Tool Set General Household Hand Tool Kit comes with a hammer, level, tape measure, utility knife, pliers, nut drivers, wrenches, cables ties, and socket sets.
All of the tools meet or exceed ANSI critical standards. The kit also comes with a blow-molded storage case for easy transportation.
- Comes with a variety of craftsman tools: hammer, level, utility knife, pliers flathead screwdrivers, and hex wrenches
- Completes small repairs around the house
- Heat treated and chrome plated to resist corrosion
- Blow molded case for easy transportation
11. Most Efficient: PROSTORMER General Home/Auto Repair Tool Set
The PROSTORMER general home/auto repair mechanic tool set is a high-quality, durable and affordable option for the general handyman.
The set includes 210 pieces of other tools, all of which are made from heat-treated chrome vanadium steel for toughness and durability. The tools are also corrosion resistant, making them a solid choice for use in various environments.
The comprehensive assortment of professional-grade wrenches, magnetic levels, sockets and screwdrivers, hammers, and pliers make this set ideal for a wide range of small repairs and DIY projects around the house.
The kit also comes with a plastic carrying case with internal molded compartments to keep everything organized and easy to find. This is the perfect gift choice for the DIY craftsman set.
- 210 pc set made from heat-treated chrome vanadium steel for toughness and durability
- Corrosion resistant for use in various environments
- Comprehensive assortment of professional-grade wrenches, screwdrivers, socket adapters, etc.
- Comes with a plastic carrying case with compartment organization to keep everything together
12. Best Portable: Amazon Basics 173-Piece General Household Home Hand Tool Kit Set
The Amazon Basics 173-Piece General Household Home Hand Tool Kit Set is a great choice for a portable mechanic tool set.
This AmazonBasics tool kit provides a complete collection of basic tools for home projects and household repairs. The set includes 173 pieces, including screwdrivers and wrenches, stored in a blow-molded case with secure latches to keep everything organized.
The set includes eight combination wrenches, 3/8-inch ratchet wrench, 22 hex allen keys, 6-inch slip-joint pliers, 6-inch long nose pliers, and more.
The tools are made of durable heat-treated and chrome-plated alloy steel for long-lasting strength and corrosion resistance.
The plastic non-slip handles provide enhanced comfort and control. The blow-molded case provides secure tool storage and convenient portability.
- Kit includes 173 pieces
- Includes 8 combination wrenches, 3/8-inch ratchet wrench, 22 hex keys, 6-inch slip-joint pliers, 6-inch long nose pliers, and more
- Tools are heat treated with a chrome finish for durability and corrosion resistance
- Non-slip and comfortable plastic handles
- Blow molded case for storage and portability
Things to Consider Before Buying a Craftsman Tool Set
Before we begin our journey to find the best craftsman tool set, there are a few things we want to discuss first. These points will probably make or break your day. So, stick with us.
There are certain aspects which a toolset covers. A toolset designed for a repairman or a commoner comes with a screwdriver with multiple bits. Also, tools like hammers, wrenches, ratchets, pliers come with some sort of special characteristics.
Most of the toolset currently available in the market will obviously aim for comfort, durability, and usability for maximum efficiency.
But there are other things that you need to consider before going out and getting something from the best mechanic tool set brand. Brands do matter, but it’s utterly useless if the promised features are not there.
So, here are a few points to consider before buying the right tools for your home or profession.
Quality and Durability
We did mention earlier that durability is something that manufacturers care a lot about these days. Apart from sending out the best quality products, manufacturers of the best mechanic tool brand try their utmost to make something that will stand out in such a competitive market.
Quality and durability go hand-in-hand. If the tools are well-made, then, of course, you will be getting a decent set of tools. We would advise you to check out the manufacturer’s reliability in this case.
Comfort is a relative term. It may vary from individual to individual. In fact, something which may feel comfortable to you may feel annoying to someone else.
But, in general, tools with rubber grips tend to attract customers more. Of course, there is a hiccup in this matter as well.
The quality of grips in various toolsets from manufacturers tend to be different.
Our advice will be to go with something you are comfortable with. Search for that ergonomic feel. Have a taste of comfort of the reputed brands out there and see what’s best for you.
Look for toolsets with creative tools. There is always the possibility that you would need a specific tool to do a specific job.
In short, look for something that stands out to you. It may come in handy in near future.
It is the final and most important concern that you need to deal with. Setting on a specific number will certainly help you rule out some unnecessary options. In fact, planning a budget often helps when it comes to choosing something specific.
So, it is prudent that you plan your budget and then set out for the best mechanic tool set brand.
Now we would like to jump in and start our discussion. But before that here is a quick comparison of the products which will probably help you understand what you are getting into.
Finding the best craftsman toolset is certainly not an easy task because finding the appropriate one among so many is a challenging in many ways.
In this craftsman tool set review, we have tried to take you through the basic and important steps to find the toolset that you need. Also, we have tried our best to point out the most significant features of each product.
In the end, the decision of buying a toolset is in your hands. We hope you find the product you are looking for.
Was this article helpful to you?
Last update on 2022-03-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. Disclaimer